Roasted Pumpkin and Brussel Sprouts
While out east pumpkin picking, have you ever been tempted by those piles of beautiful pumpkins and squash, only to get home and wonder, “Um, now what do I do with these?!” Thankfully, we have the perfect use for them. So good that you’re going to want to make this over & over again along side last weeks Pumpkin Soup recipe. Tenderly baked pumpkin and/or other winter squash is tossed with balsamic vinegar, roasted along with Brussels sprouts until tender, and sprinkled with parsley. Simple, elegant, and a holiday worthy side dish!
- 1 medium pumpkin (for baking) and/ or squash about 3 pounds, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley minced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, Brussels sprouts and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased baking pan.
- Roast 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Serve immediately. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!
Calories: 155kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 4gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 309mgPotassium: 816mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 14985IUVitamin C: 65mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!