Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
This roasted lemon chicken is super easy to make and packed with flavor. Without a doubt one of our favorite weeknight meals.
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 Large lemon halved & sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoons salt divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 4 medium bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 medium chicken drumsticks
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- Lemon wedges optional
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place potatoes, onion and sliced lemon in a large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt, rosemary and pepper.
- Spread evenly in a greased roasting pan and roast on an upper oven rack 20 minutes.
- Next, toss chicken with paprika and a little more salt, rosemary and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken in batches.
- Place chicken over potato mixture.
- Roast until the internal temp of the chicken reads 170° and potatoes are tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Immediately add spinach to vegetables, stirring to wilt slightly.
- Serve with the chicken & ENJOY!
Calories: 488kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 32gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 656mgPotassium: 873mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 3536IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 76mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!