Summertime Pineapple Baked Salmon
This healthy salmon dish is roasted in a sweet and spicy pineapple sauce, along with pineapple slices, in this easy, healthy meal that’s ready in an hour! The bold spiciness and sweet pineapple flavors make this salmon recipe taste like you have been in the kitchen basting away for hours.
- oven with broiler
- 17 rings pineapple fresh or (2 – 15oz cans)
- 1 3lb salmon fillet Wild caught if possible
- 3 tbsp. butter melted
- 3 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp cilantro fresh chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. ginger freshly grated
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. salt or more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- sesame seeds garnish
- green onions sliced thin – garnish
- Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease with cooking spray.
- In the center of the foil, lay pineapple slices in an even layer.
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper and place on top of pineapple slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, chili sauce, cilantro, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes. Brush all over salmon fillet.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil, and broil for 2 minutes, or until it is slightly golden. (to taste)
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions and serve with rice lime wedges.
Calories: 82kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 6gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 141mgPotassium: 177mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 156IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!