Festive Chocolate Covered Strawberries
These homemade chocolate-covered strawberries make the perfect Spring day treat. Rich chocolate coats fresh, juicy strawberries bursting with sweetness in every bite. Made with 3 ingredients, this no-bake recipe is a chocolate lover’s dream!
- 12 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers or any melting chocolate
- 1 pound strawberries with stems about 20, washed and dried very well
- Sprinkles Optional
- Put the chocolate into a heatproof medium bowl. Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat; set the bowl of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. (You can also, melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.)
- Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
- Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries and add sprinkles if you wish.
- Let the chocolate set, about 30 minutes. ENJOY!
While you can make chocolate-covered strawberries ahead of time, they are ideally enjoyed right after dipping. If you make them on the day they will be eaten, don’t refrigerate them. Drops of condensation may collect on the chocolate if they are stored in the refrigerator for more than an hour. If you do need to make them ahead they may, let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!