Spring Lentil Tacos
This spring taco dish is both healthy and delicious. Serve with your favorite taco fillings, such as chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado, sour cream and Cheddar cheese. Soon to be your family’s go to taco recipe!
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup dried lentils rinsed
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 ⅔ cups vegetable broth
- ⅔ cup salsa
- Taco shells use corn shells to keep GF
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix lentils and taco seasoning into onion mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer until lentils are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and cook until mixture is slightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Mash lentils slightly; stir in salsa.
- Serve about 1/4 cup lentil mixture in each taco shell and add your favorite toppings! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!