Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers aren’t the kind your grandma made. They’re meatless and loaded with fresh flavor. They’re cheesy, yes, but they’re just as good without the cheese. You can easily make these peppers dairy free or vegan.Either way they are loaded with goodness and flavor all are sure to love!
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 4 green bell peppers halved and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ½ cup cheese (Feta, Parmesan, mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place the peppers cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender and skin starts to brown.
- While the peppers are roasting, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onions, garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon in the cooked rice, and stir until heated through. Remove from heat, mix in ½ the cheese then spoon the mixture into the pepper halves.
- Use the other ½ of the cheese to sprinkle to top and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!