When you’re not sure what to serve for dinner, Italian flavors are a good starting point. We combine stewed tomatoes, rice, cannellini, and garbanzo beans for this hearty healthy dish. It’s ready in under 30 minutes and all in one dish, so clean up is a breeze!
One-Dish Veggie Skillet
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can can 14-1/2 ounces no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup vegetable broth (bone broth if you're not vegetarian)
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- Minced fresh basil
- In a large skillet, combine the first 6 ingredients and pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese and basil, enjoy.