This gut-healthy ginger, turmeric carrot soup is anti-inflammatory and perfect for a chilly night. It is jam-packed with gut health nutrients, has a velvety smooth texture, and tastes delicious! Do yourself a favor and make it!
Ginger Turmeric Carrot Soup
- large dutch oven or large saucepan, blender or immersion blender
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup small head fennel chopped
- 3 cups carrots chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger (about 2" piece) grated
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 3 cups low sodium bone broth
- 1 14.5 oz can lite coconut milk (or your milk/cream of choice)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven or saucepan. Add the fennel, leeks, carrots, and squash.
- Saute for 3 – 5 minutes until the veggies start to soften. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper, and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the soup is cooked, add it to a blender and blend until creamy. You could also use an immersion blender. Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!