Next up in our Thanksgiving Slow Cooker Series – Crantastic Cranberry Sauce!It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce. But if you grew up with the jiggly canned kind, this version will erase all those unsavory memories. Plus, it couldn’t be easier to make since it simmers in the slow cooker leaving you with hands-free to tend to the turkey or your 9 guests!
SLOW COOKER CRANBERRY SAUCE
- prep time: 5 MINUTES
- cook time: 180 MINUTES
- total time: 185 MINUTES
- yield: 4 SERVINGS 1X
This slow cooker cranberry sauce could not be easier! Plus it’s super tasty and easy to customize with your desired kind and amount of sweetener.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, granulated or brown sugar, or your preferred sweetener (adding more/less to taste)
- optional add-ins: a splash or bourbon or red wine, orange zest, a pinch of ground ginger, a pinch of cinnamon and cloves, some chopped walnuts, or a splash of vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours, or until the cranberries have popped open and the sauce is bubbly.
- Taste and stir in any extra sweetener or add-ins if desired. Serve warm. (Heads up that the sauce will thicken considerably as it cools.)